“Stay hungry, stay foolish”, Garbo S.r.l. confirms its leadership in the training of new generations

After the high apprenticeship training in Garbo S.r.l., Eng. Beatrice Masaccesi and Valerio Vannozzi have discussed the thesis of the Master of II level “Management and design of sustainable chemical processes and plants“. The congratulations of all the staff.

On December 9, 2021, at the Lingotto campus of the Politecnico di Torino, Via Nizza, 230, TURIN (Classrooms 302 and 306 – 3rd Floor), the two apprentices of Garbo S.r.l. Beatrice Massaccesi and Valerio Vannozzi discussed the final thesis of the Master of II level “Management and design of sustainable chemical processes and plants(a.y. 2019/2020). The commission was composed by professors Professors Debora Fino (Coordinator of the Master), Luca Marmo, Marco Piumetti.

Our apprentice Eng. Beatrice Maria Masaccesi has distinguished herself thanks to the thesis Strategies for the valorization of ChemPET process bottoms (Academic Tutor: M. Piumetti, Company Tutor: D. L. Mazzucco), while the apprentice Eng. Valerio Vannozzi (Academic Tutor: M. Piumetti, Company Tutor: D. L. Mazzucco) gave his best with the thesis Chemical separation of the Polyurethane fraction from Polyethylene terephthalate in PET/PU multilayer materials. In both cases, during their apprenticeship period at the company, Eng. Masaccesi and Vannozzi have followed with meticulous attention a research work very dear to all Garbo S.r.l.: the technology of “chemical recycling” innovative and sustainable developed by Garbo with the project Chempet.

What is the Chempet project?

PET is a thermoplastic polymer widely used in the food industry. It allows better preservation of food, then a reduction of food waste. It is also used in the textile industry for technical clothing production as well as in the automotive sector. Due to several technological barriers, most of the common and used PET is difficult to recycle. While just 10% of the PET currently in the market is recycled, the remaining 90% is disposed of either in landfills or incinerated.

Garbo S.r.l. has developed an innovative “chemical recycling” process, called ChemPET, which is able to treat most of the PET-based waste that is currently not recoverable. Through a chemical reaction, PET is transformed into an intermediate product called BHET (bis-hydroxy-ethylene-terephthalate) which, once it has been properly purified, can be used again for PET production avoiding virgin raw materials injection.

Read more at this link.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish. Never let go of your appetite to go after new ideas, new experiences, and new adventures.

Steve Jobs

Also, in this case, Garbo does not betray their innovative spirit and never stops looking to the future. Garbo S.r.l. has always been a leader in the recovery of micro-abrasives used in the electronics industry for the cutting of silicon wafers and in the recovery of glycols, attentive to all the news in the field of technological innovation, respecting environmental sustainability and in full harmony with scientific research, Garbo S.r.l. is also a leader in the field of training and renews its attention to the new generations. Make way for young people, but for real.

And above all: a toast to Beatrice and Valerio ?